Our History

Little is known about the early year's of the Club, but it is believed to have been founded around 1890. The 1st World War then interrupted its development, and it wasn't until 1919 /20 when the club took part in the Pembrokeshire Knock Out Cup for the first time, that rugby in the town began to develop. Unfortunately, the club suffered a slight set back during the 1920's and early 30's due to soccer being played in the town, and it was difficult to get players to play rugby. This resulted in the committee resigning and the club disbanding in January 1930.

The club was then reformed in the 1938-39 season, with the first game being played against Lampeter which was duly won by 8 points to 3.From there, the club has gone from strength to strength, gaining success in the Pembrokeshire League and then gaining promotion to the Heineken League.

As a club, we currently have a 1st and 2nd XV, a Youth XV, a Ladies XV as well as a thriving junior section with teams ranging from under 7's upwards.

We were one of the first clubs in Wales to achieve "Clwb Cymru" status with the WRU, and our 1st XV are currently playing in the Swalec League 1 West and the Ladies XV playing in the Premiership.

The 2014/15 season marks the 125th year anniversary of the club.